This is Mark: In addition that winning smile, he's got a huge heart and a giant brain. He's my coach and trainer. And now he...Read More
Strength Training Tuesday – 04/20/11 (On Wednesday!)
In my quest for lean superhero-ness, I tackle the Strength Training Workout posted by Coach Wes every Tuesday at CrossFit Austin.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 – Strength WOD
5X 1 press + 2 push press (heavier than last week) – 70# 75# 80# 85# (fail; 3 push press) 80#
4X2 back squat @ 85-90% max – 135#
5X2 deadlift @ 75-80% max – 155#
plus… 1-2 negative chinups, hold @ top for 2, lower for 5, between each set of squats and deadlifts
Five cool things about this workout:
1. I’m having trouble getting past 80# on my press – my third week in a row to fail at 85# – which means when I finally get the 85#, it’s going to even sweeter
2. There was only one other person at the gym during my workout, and unlike the coatrack guy from a few weeks ago, he was a heavy lifter. Beyond a few grunts directed at the bar (not me!), he didn’t say anything, but we totally understood each other.
3. I felt like about a million bucks hoisting the 45# plates on to the barbell. Is there anything more satisfying than that clink?!
4. The chinups made me sweaty and huffy-puffy.
5. I ate a pile of ground beef and kale, sauteed in coconut oil with a scrambled egg for breakfast.
More Like This...
In my quest for lean superhero-ness, Dave and I are hitting the craptastic gym in our Converse to lift heavy stuff and work on skills...Read More