Did you hear that? It was the sound of me bashing my own skull against my coffee table. There I was, sipping Bengal Spice tea,...Read More
Where’s Mel? CrankyTown. But Thanks, Truman.
The corporate overlords have chained me to my computer for the next two weeks, so I’m barely keeping my dino-chow and workout habits on track.
Quickly, here are my top 10 complaints:
1. My right shoulder hurts. I’ve been trying to rest it, but rest and CrossFit workouts are sort of at opposite ends of the spectrum.
2. See above re: corporate overlords and chains.
3. My pants are feeling tight in the butt today. I hate that.
4. My refrigerator and cupboard are looking bare, which means I have to buckle down tonight and make a buttload of food for tonight and tomorrow… then Saturday afternoon will be a dino-chow cooking extravaganza.
5. I have about five posts about really good topics I want to share with you, but this one is the best I can do today.
6. I might be tired.
7. I’m definitely kinda cranky.
8. The humid weather is making hair ridiculously frizzy, which makes me feel like a witch.
9. I am not excited about the lunch I brought today. (See #4 above.)
10. Tomorrow we’re having an office celebration with champagne, strawberries, brie, baguettes, and Nutella. I will be eating carrots, red peppers, snap peas, and cucumbers with a side of grilled chicken and an almond chaser. (See #7 above.)
But… there is light at the end of my grouch list. This awesome quote from Truman Capote, which I share with you because maybe you need to hear it, too?
Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. – Truman Capote
Feel free to list any complaints you have today in the comments field. Let’s have a grouch-fest together! (Or – even better – share some good news so we grumpuses can bask in your sunshine glow.)