Did you hear that? It was the sound of me bashing my own skull against my coffee table. There I was, sipping Bengal Spice tea,...Read More
Where’s Mel? CrankyTown. But Thanks, Truman.
The corporate overlords have chained me to my computer for the next two weeks, so I’m barely keeping my dino-chow and workout habits on track.
Quickly, here are my top 10 complaints:
1. My right shoulder hurts. I’ve been trying to rest it, but rest and CrossFit workouts are sort of at opposite ends of the spectrum.
2. See above re: corporate overlords and chains.
3. My pants are feeling tight in the butt today. I hate that.
4. My refrigerator and cupboard are looking bare, which means I have to buckle down tonight and make a buttload of food for tonight and tomorrow… then Saturday afternoon will be a dino-chow cooking extravaganza.
5. I have about five posts about really good topics I want to share with you, but this one is the best I can do today.
6. I might be tired.
7. I’m definitely kinda cranky.
8. The humid weather is making hair ridiculously frizzy, which makes me feel like a witch.
9. I am not excited about the lunch I brought today. (See #4 above.)
10. Tomorrow we’re having an office celebration with champagne, strawberries, brie, baguettes, and Nutella. I will be eating carrots, red peppers, snap peas, and cucumbers with a side of grilled chicken and an almond chaser. (See #7 above.)
But… there is light at the end of my grouch list. This awesome quote from Truman Capote, which I share with you because maybe you need to hear it, too?
Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. – Truman Capote
Feel free to list any complaints you have today in the comments field. Let’s have a grouch-fest together! (Or – even better – share some good news so we grumpuses can bask in your sunshine glow.)
More Like This...
You know how some people need to learn to get in touch with their emotions? I'm definitely not one of those people. I know exactly...Read More
Right there with you today. Thanks to the corporate overlords I had to cancel my day at the spa tomorrow so I can work. I've been to two birthday parties this week, one to go on Saturday, all with cake and ice cream and all for the same person. I HATE being a girl this week. And, I'm frustrated with not being able to make myself do what I want.
As for my sunny glow, running up stairs 😉 The journey worth taking is rarely easy but with the right people at you side, it's a beautiful thing. Hang tough. XOXO
did you see the fran interview of me? um, yeah, that threw me off a cliff yesterday and had me looking up plastic surgeons to fix my thyroid eyes. a little later i went to the grocery store to buy eggs, super mopey, and a bird shit on my head. the universe does have a sense of humor, and it reminded me that i had temporarily lost mine. don't give that asshole any opportunity to teach you a lesson.
Oh, Erika! What a day you had!
Um… when I went out to the car this a.m., there was a poop on the roof of my convertible. Universe was testing my sense of humor, I guess.
Mel G, put your sugar blinders on, girl. XOXOX
it was ridiculous and i'm glad vacation is next week. i'm also happy you made off with an apparent warning! Mel G, be careful out there with your grumpy pants on….
Mel, please rest your shoulder. I have not done a CrossFit workout (other than the occasional deadlift) in about 5 months. I've been struggling with this shoulder injury for over 1.5 years now. If you ignore that shoulder and keep pushing it, it will stop you. And I promise it will be at a most inopportune time (like there ever is one). Do some lower body only workouts for a while and let your shoulder recover. Listen to it while it's talking to you in a whisper. If you don't, it may start screaming. 🙂
Hang in there girl – gotta have some bad days to really appreciate the good ones (I know, very cliche).
Ditto #2,#3 (tummy),#4,#6,#7,#9. Ditto Mel G on bein a girl this week. Ditto Erika on thyroid, but lipo. But most of all… ditto Alaina and Truman. Although I am cranky, gaining wt, frustrated, unhappy, feelin hopeless, and want ice cream and a time machine, I know that Alaina and Truman are right. We will all get through these bad days and forget about them before we know it. =) We just need to do everything we can do be positive and see the silver lining of all the "bad things." Remind ourselves that 'it could be worse,' we are never alone and that we need to count our blessings and accomplishments instead. And also, guess what, it's FRIDAY!!!!!!! Lets make it a good day! Ready…take a deep breath… set….GO!! hugs to you all!!!
Oh man! There is nothing worse than when the corporate day job consumes your time & energy to the point of having that domino effect of not enough sleep, not enough of the right food, not enough working out = CRANKY which only amplifies the cycle. BLAH!! Sorry you are cranky but I completely empathize with where you are at. I hear you girl! You will get through and you will soon open a fridge of delicious clean food, have some amazing home cooked dino chow and a good night sleep and get back on track. You always do!
Hi, everyone. Thank you so much for your comments. Y'all make me feel so much better!
– my shoulder is feeling better. I had rotator cuff surgery on the left a few years ago, so I'm very aware whenever I feel a twinge in either left or right. But it's feeling SIGNIFICANTLY better, so… yeah!
– Dave (my hero) did some shopping on Thursday, so the fridge is stocked and ready for me to make some great food this weekend. I've found some new recipes, and I'll be sharing them with y'all this week 'cause they look really tasty.
– I had a very good workout yesterday and we have a fun one lined up for today, then… NO PLANS except resting, making food, and taking care of ourselves/each other.