The post below was originally published in 2011, and it's been updated each year to reflect where I am in my life and the new...Read More
I love Las Vegas. The cocktail waitresses and their complimentary cocktails, the neon signs, the diners that serve Chinese food 24 hours a day, the trompe l’oeil EVERYWHERE, the excuse to wear feathers and cleavage and impractically-high heels, and the craps tables… oh, craps tables, how I love you!
Bored in a meeting in work jail, I browsed on over to CrossFit Las Vegas, and found this yumminess:
The CrossFit Mindset:
- I will promise to do my best. My best will vary from day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute. But in that minute, I will do the very best I can.
- If I can run, I run. If I can walk, I walk. If I must crawl, I crawl. And when I make it, I will rest. And live to fight another day.
- I fear no man, but I fear my workout. If I don’t fear my workout, it isn’t hard enough.
- I may puke. I may cry. But I will not quit. Ever.
- I will not cheat. There is no honor in cheating. I will call out cheaters if I see them, as they have no place in my gym.
Now I can add this to my list of things I love about Las Vegas.
More Like This...
July 08 Posted by
A Little Respect (Strength Monday 7/8/13)
In my quest for lean superhero-ness, Dave and I are hitting the craptastic gym in our Converse to lift heavy stuff and work on skills...Read More
i really love that quote from CF Las Vegas. the first two points make me so happy and are basically what i hope to live by every day of my life forever. yay!! thanks for sharing, mel!
I love it too!
Ahhhh no WAY!
Crossfit Las Vegas is MY GYM! (Well, the one I call home, it was sadly not my fantastic creation.) Isn’t that quote amazing/inspirational/makes-you-wanna-go-PR-something-NOW!? Next time you’re in town stop by for a WOD!
Right. On. How fun is that?!
When I went to Vegas about 2 years ago, I fully intended to go go CF, but casino-related fun got the better of me. Will definitely plan to go next time I visit Las Vegas.