I've heard from so many of you recently that you enjoy my book recommendations. I'm very glad! You can find hundreds of my book reviews...Read More
All the news you need to know:
1. I’m officially a Lifetime Member of Weight Watchers! I had an awesome weigh-in and meeting today. My holiday L-Bs are gone, and I was able to share some hard-won advice and old photos with my WW pals. That chapter is officially closed… no more being dogged by the scale to get to goal weight. Whew!
2. I did the I AM CROSSFIT workout planned for this morning, but Dave and I played hooky from our 6-mile run and went to breakfast instead. It felt great! (But we’re not totally slacking. We’ve planned a long run on Tuesday to get in some good miles before the 3M half marathon which is NEXT WEEKEND.)
I AM CROSSFIT workout
3 rounds for time:
- 20 swings, 20-lb. db
- 20 sumo deadlift high pull, 15-lb. dbs
- 10 broad jumps
- 50m sprint
My time: 10:03
Then I did two sets of 8 or so pullups with my new pullup band.
3. Karaoke Apocalypse TONIGHT! No cover. Red 7 on 7th Street @ Red River. 10:00 p.m.
4. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Steig Larsson) was gripping. I enjoyed it so much I sacrificed a few hours of sleep in the middle of the night to see what was going to happen next. The ending was a little meh, but up until the last 50 pages or so, I have zero complaints. Cool characters. Badass writing style. Can’t-put-it-down plot. My buddy Patrick and I ordered the next book in the series from Amazon UK because we didn’t want to wait until July for it to be released here in the U.S. Now I’m reading The Bronte Project:A Novel of Passion, Desire, and Good PR (Jennifer Vandever). It’s completely different in tone, but eqally engaging. I look forward to picking it up and seeing what misadventure is going to befall Sara, the heroine.
Which is what I’m going to do right now. The weekend has officially begun.