When last we left the riveting story of my ongoing adventures in functional medicine, it was August, and I'd just been to my first appointment...Read More
This is a really crappy hotel.
I’m waiting to go into surgery, and the doctors are running late, so I thought I’d share my list of complaints about the experience so far.
- I’m hungry. (Dave is tired of hearing me say that.)
- I had to take off my nice, soft squishy socks and put on olive green hospital socks.
- The hospital gown is big enough to wrap around me at least three times, but somehow, is still not big enough to cover me up when I lie down.
- The New York Times crossword puzzle was too hard this morning.
- The IV needle in my hand is pinchy, and one of the pieces of tape is coming loose.
- Neither Dave nor I can figure out how to lower the head of the bed.
- I’m thirsty.
- I have to stay overnight.
- At first glance, room service seems like it’s going to be dubious.
But… all of the nurses have been very nice. They gave me two blankets, and asked if I was warm enough. Dave is here. I got lots of nice emails from people saying they were thinking happy thoughts.
That’s all my news.
Dave will update later.
More Like This...
September 20 Posted by
Sorta Update & Things I’m Loving
It's been about three weeks since we all got "Here I Go Again" stuck in our heads. I don't have definitive news on what's happening...Read More
Oh Mel –
At least you still have your sense of humor.
Poor honey – I hope this is all over quickly so you can return to ass-kicking immediately!
I hope you feel better, Mel! Ask for extra green jello 🙂