The post below was originally published in 2011, and it's been updated each year to reflect where I am in my life and the new...Read More
Things that make me say, “Fuck, yeah.”
1. At 6:00 this morning, when the alarm went off, and I didn’t want to get up, I made a vow to run after work. And I did it.
2. We considered cutting our run in half because “it’s late,” and “we’re kinda tired,” and “we know we can run 6 miles, we don’t really have to do it today.” And then we ran 6.5 miles, just like we originally said we were going to.
3. My first half kinda sucked. I was half-assing it a little bit, so it took me around 31 minutes to do the first 3.25 miles. Meh. During the last 3 miles, I added 30-60 second fartleks to my usual ‘3 minutes run/30 seconds walk’ and finished in 28:51 — my best time EVER in my entire life for 3 miles. Even when I was training for triathlons, I never got better than 1o.5-minute miles. Yay, CrossFit!
4. I did 35 motherf*#$ing burpees.
5. I was upside down twice today: in the hallway at work and against a pillar under the Mopac bridge.
6. I will sleep the sleep of the righteous tonight, and tomorrow at 6:00 a.m., I’ve got class with Carey.