Even when I did it all the time, I never became a very fast runner. But man! I loved running. Even when I hated running,...Read More
Defiant & Relentless… That Sounds About Right
It’s been six months since I got new running shoes, so last week, I replaced them. Saturday will be the long-distance debut of my new Brooks Defyance 2 sneaks.
It took me a while to warm up to the blue-silver-white color scheme of the Brooks Defyance running shoes I got last September, but as Dave says, “You don’t choose the shoes; the shoes choose you.” (Or, more accurately, the friendly, helpful people at RunTex choose my shoes, and I trust them.)
When I laced them up, my Brooks Defyance were as comfortable as bare feet. I love them madly, and it was time for a new pair.
Hello, Brooks Defyance 2 (The Reckoning)! And to you, my dear Brooks Defyance (the originals), I say thank you for all your hard work!
Here are all the things I did in my old Brooks…
- 52 days of the 100 Burpee Challenge
- Randal’s Gynmnastics Workshop
- Lost in the Lost Pines 5-mile trail run
- San Antonio Mission 10k
- Parkour adventures with Randal
- Fight Gone Bad
- New tabata squats PR: 22 consistently for four rounds
- Recovered from Frankenneck
- Reached my Weight Watchers goal weight!
- I AM CROSSFIT Challenge (and lost another 3.1% body fat)
- 3M and Austin Half Marathons
- 20″ box jump
- Fight Gone Bad at the elite weight (score: 209)
- New 3-mile PR of 27:44
My new Brooks Defyance 2s and I will be training together for the next six months, and I’ve got some good stuff planned for us: Saturday’s ZOOMA Half Marathon, the Spartan 300 Challenge, pullups on the new bar in my backyard… and whatever other surprises pop up. Six months is plenty of time for adventures!