Did you hear that? It was the sound of me bashing my own skull against my coffee table. There I was, sipping Bengal Spice tea,...Read More
Is It All In The (Arm)Pits?
Oh, friends. I’m firmly entrenched in cranky town this morning. My complains, in no particular order:
- I slept lousy.
- My boobs are too big.
- My tummy is too flabby.
- My thighs look big in these pants.
- It’s wicked humid which makes my hair frizzy.
- My busted, broke-ass, good-for-nothing thyroid is making my fingers and eyes puffy.
- I had no snatch this morning. No speed. No extension. No landing. No snatch.
- I tried to snatch deadlift an embarrassingly heavy amount of weight because I didn’t realize the snatch grip meant I wouldn’t be able to lift as much. The whole class watched me try and fail.
- The WOD was a 5:00 AMRAP of pullups and pushups. No bands. So I did jumping pullups which are enormously depressing and my pushups were slow, like this: slllllooooooooooowww.
But I did keep the video below in mind, and I did touch my chest to the floor almost every time, and I did keep trying until the clock hit 5:00 exactly.
It sucked all around.
But this video does not.
Thanks to Go Tami Go for sharing this video!