Should You Eat That Coconut Butter?

Change “cookie” to “spoon of coconut butter” and we’ve got a winner!

[source]

DaiLo Pork & Fried Watermelon

Fried watermelon. Once I read about it, I couldn't let go of the idea of it. Fried watermelon! I was hooked by this review in The Globe and Mail...

Paleo Planet Giveaway

Do you know Becky from the web site A Calculated Whisk? You really should. (She's also got a pretty brilliant Instagram account.) Her recipes are reliable...

Comments

• Valerie says:

I was thinking about finding some coconut butter after Melissa mentioned it during the seminar…. maybe better hold off on that for later after the Whole 30!?
    LOL

• Melissa 'Melicious' Joulwan says:

Hey, Valerie! Coconut butter is good, but in my opinion, it's not, like, 'tear down the walls' good. It's another nice option for fat intake. I don't think it's a danger food, but maybe that's just me 😉

• Valerie says:

Okay I'll give it a try and if it turns into a "problem" I'll bring it over to you 😉

• Jen says:

I've never had coconut butter before so I flexed my fingers, hit the google machine and found a recipe to make some homemade.

Oh hello – It's AWESOME. I feel so out of the loop, but I'm glad I'm finally in it!

• Pensguys says:

Any particular brand of coconut butter? I saw some at EarthFare (like whole foods) but I bought coconut OIL since I've been using that for cooking.

• Trixie says:

LOL..what happens when all you want is coconut butter and not the cookie?? I swear I could eat my weight in coconut butter:)

• Melissa 'Melicious' Joulwan says:

Valerie –> I hope I have not just created a (coconut butter) monster!

Jen –> You made homemade! Share the link, please.

Pensguys –> I've only been able to find Artisana locally, so that's what I eat. http://www.amazon.com/Artisana-Organic-Coconut-Butter-16oz/dp/B000WV153I?ie=UTF8&tag=roltheboo-20

Trixi –> I agree that in most cases, coconut butter is way better than cookies (with the exception of my russian teacakes).

• Pensguys says:

YES! This is the brand I found! I was scared to buy it. 😉 Do you use it to cook or just eat? 🙂

• Melissa 'Melicious' Joulwan says:

I just eat it… coconut oil is much better for cooking. I have one special-occasion recipe that uses coconut butter for the frosting on a paleo pumpkin cake but other than that, I just eat a little spoonful — maybe 1/2 to 1 tablespoon — as a fat snack.

• Pensguys says:

Honey, hush! I need that recipe! Can you post or email it to me? pensguys @ comcast . net (take out spaces.

• Jen says:

It's so easy peasy!!

I did have to add a tiny amount of coconut oil to mine, but it's so good!

• Pensguys says:

Now I just need that paleo Pumpkin cake recipe. 😉

• Melissa 'Melicious' Joulwan says:

Find the pumpkin cake recipe here –>

But you have to promise to eat it only on special occasions — cake, even if it's made from paleo ingredients, isn't an everyday food.

• Pensguys says:

Scout's honor! 😉 I promise….I'm trying to lose some Christmas pounds where I faltered and felt like CRAP for a week as I got myself together, so this will DEFINITELY be a special occasion only…mainly because I can see myself overdoing it if it were any other time.

• DagneyTaggert says:

I'll take the two cookies AND the coconut butter.

• themurr says:

That flow chart is awesome. Cookies are about 80% of the reason I learned to bake. Sadly I'm on another round of healthy eating so no cookies until february at least.

P.S. Anyone who says cookies are a sometimes food is dead to me.

• Melissa 'Melicious' Joulwan says:

Themurr –> Let me know when you're ready, and I'll share the best gluten-free, grain-free (but sadly, not sugar-free) cookies EVER. Seriously. I made them at Xmas, and they were phenomenal. Hint: They're macaroons and include two kinds of nuts!

LEAVE A NOTE